Call (888) 543-2427
www.ibsenlaw.comFrequently Asked QuestionsContact Carilyn IbsenSitemap
Law Office of
Carilyn Ibsen PLLC
Defending Clients in North Carolina and South Carolina

Attorney Carilyn Ibsen's Blog

about Criminal Defense in North Carolina and South Carolina


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How do you establish a guardianship in North Carolina

In North Carolina, a guardianship proceeding is initiated by filing appropriate documents with the Clerk of Court. If the alleged incompetent person resides in Mecklenburg County, that is where the guardianship proceeding should be filed. In Mecklenburg County, the Clerk can appoint counsel, a guardian ad litem, to act upon the individual's behalf during the proceeding. A hearing date will be set. At that hearing, the clerk will decide whether to dismiss the petition or declare the individual incompetent.

Labels: ,

posted by Carilyn Ibsen at


Post a Comment

thank you for your comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home